THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh Baby Baby...its in the water!

This is late posting but I've been busy the past few weeks...and just now getting to post pictures of my sister-in-law Kimberlee's baby shower my mother-in-law Brenda and I hosted at my house on May 30th. I'm so glad we got to get the girls in the family together and I'm sorry I didn't get that many pictures of everyone else. (If you've taken any please email em to me!! I would love to have copies!) It seems like every other person I know is pregnant right now, there is something in the water again! I guess I'll stick to bottled... ;)
I found creating her baby shower gifts a little more fun than some of my other pieces. Her nursery theme is Winnie the Pooh and working on her letters for Baby Adrianna brought back a lot of childhood memories for me, I got to be a little more creative than I normally get to be this time around. It was a blast! Below is a picture of Adrianna's hand painted photo frame. Kimberlee mentioned she was going to have a shelf in the room so I knew I had to give her at least one Piglet (MY FAVORITE!) themed item to place on top of it!


Here is a picture of the Winnie the Pooh Letters. I did ever other one hand painted and embellished and then "sugar coated" glittered with ribbon accents. Since her crib bedding is mainly sage green I didn't want to do too much but still add a little variety of color so these letters could grow with Adrianna as she gets older and changes into more of a "big girl" room.




I think they turned out pretty good! She seems to really like em! Hopefully she'll send me pictures of the room all put together with the letters hanging on the wall!!! (HINT HINT!)


Kimberlee and her dad.






Kissin' Cousins!


He was just too cute!





Kim and Grandpa Tyer





Creating the baby shower cake on the otherhand was not as "fun" as I thought it was going to be. Appearantly Winnie the Pooh is not that "hott" these days. I searched high and low for cute plastic toys Kim could reuse for the baby to place on top of the cake as a topper. Not much luck, one associate at Toys-R-Us told me "Uh, yeah we don't have much Winnie the Pooh stuff, you should like check like resale shops or something!" Yeah, I wasn't going to put a used dingy toy on top of a cake that was feeding 20 people. So I settled for one plush stuffed Winnie and a few teethers. I figured she could at least use them when Adrianna starts those terrible teething months. It turned out cute but I wasn't as impressed with it as I wanted to be. I've got another baby shower next month so hopefully I'll perfect the art of cake making by then!!

My grandmother made the best chicken salad sandwhiches for the shower! They were delicious!!!


Farryn didn't get to stay for the shower, she had other plans but she at least got to touch the belly and ask Kimberlee at least 50 times if she could go to her house and see her puppies before she had to leave.
It was a great weekend, wish they could have stayed longer. I'm sooo thrilled to finally be an Aunt! I just can't wait to meet Baby Adrianna!!!













1 comments:

Stephanie said...

AMAAZING LETTERS!!
You go girl!
You are so dang talented!
Looks like a great time!