THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June Fun has begun!

So far June has been a pretty interesting month for us. Alot of traveling, a lot of sun, a lot of fun...and some other stuff mixed in between (but I won't go into that). A few weekends ago we had my sister's graduation and Jesse's cousin Courtney's wedding. One 4 1/2 drive to Lipan Texas on a Friday afternoon... a 3 hour drive to Austin Sat. morning...2 1/2 drive back to Houston on Sunday. I am sick to death of driving so I've been taking it easy at the house with the girls and only leaving for Farryn's swimming lessons Monday-Thursday for the next two weeks. She's getting so good at it too and I'm so proud of her. It started off a little rough, more so for me than her. I was kicked out of her swimming class. How you ask? Yeah...I wondered the same thing. I guess sometimes I come off a little "snarky". Farryn has a hang up about peeing in the water. Its something I find disgusting and I encourage her to always get out before she has any accidents. During her first day she really just had to go. Her teacher ignored her complaints and continued to dunk her head in the water repeatedly. Of course any child would make up an excuse to get out of the pool just for that but I knew she really needed to go because she was calling out for me to take her. I went to the edge of the pool and the teacher said very rudely "she's fine!" After Farryn insisted she couldn't hold it I asked Miss G. to bring her to me so I could take her. Miss G, didn't agree, Farryn starts crying and then finally she gives in. I take Farryn for her potty break and sure enough she really wasn't lying, she went for a good two minutes...still crying about how "MEAN that lady was!" When we got back to the pool she didn't want to get back in. She kept saying "She's mean mama, I don't like her!" Without really thinking I said "I know hunny, I know she's mean but she's got to teach you to swim"..."MEAN Ms. G" heard this and was not happy one bit with me. She said "Tomorrow don't come back! You can drop her off and wait in the lobby but you're not allowed back at the pool. She is too much of a Mama's girl and your daughter completely lacks confidence!" Now come on lady! Was that really necessary? It doesn't bother me if Farryn pees in the pool or not, I was only trying to do the SANITARY thing by taking her out. I don't see how taking 5 minutes of your sweet time really is that big of a deal but I guess that is where we disagreed. I didn't come back the next day, my grandmother took her. The third day however I did...and once again I was kicked out. ;) We're in the second week and I'm finally allowed back. Haha, I guess I better behave! So here are just a few pictures of this month so far.


I hate "self portraits" I think they are for the most part pathetic on the takers part but since I'm the one usually taking the pictures of others I thought I would try to get one of just me and Charlye together for a change...Charlye wasn't cooperating. I gave up.


Leave it to Farryn to be a goofball in a little family picture. I love this though so I just had to post!

And finally...I'm included in the picture! Thanks G-maw for taking this!

After the wedding ceremony the kid's went off to their own lil reception in a suite upstairs and the adults were able to enjoy themselves. It was such a blast! Jesse and I had a great time dancing...but I'm extremely worried about poor Courtney's professional photo's... I have a feeling my boobs will be the highlight of many shots as my dress did not want to stay up! Whoopsies! I won't be wearing this get up at anymore weddings that is for sure!


Here are some pictures of my girls hanging out in the back yard. We've spent the last few weeks working on our tans. And by tan I mean my "clear" translucent skin now being considered "flesh" toned. I'm a working progress! :)
















1 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOVE all the pictures!! The family one is my favorite!!
I still cant beleive you got kicked out of swimming lessons! That is too funny!
Come to think of it, Landons swim teacher and I really didnt hit it off too well either!
Glad she is learning to swim though!
I cant say it enough..I MISS YOU guys. Hope to see you soon and catch up!!