THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Whasssaaa Happenin'?

"Queen B" loved her birthday present! We had a blast at lake Somerville last weekend celebrating her day! It was soooo great getting out (childless) for the day and spending time with my girl friends...and our men! I love my kids don't get me wrong but a little adult time is important too! Thankfully we have dependable, willing grandparents who just LOVE baby sitting! My husband and I make it a point to have a date night at least twice a month. We're planning a little adult vacation to Garner in August as well and I'm anxiously awaiting! Add ImageI don't care what anyone says...the Guadalupe can't hold a candle to the Frio! There is just nothing quiet like that place!


Here on the home front...we're biting...everything! Well, I'm not, but my 6 month old is. Teething definitely has begun!!! It's been a very tiring day. Charlye girl is miserable and she's bringin' us all down with her! What were once sweet slobbery kisses on our faces have turned into slobbery gumming attacks! I know she can't help it but the drool is becoming a bit of a problem! I feel like I'm the new owner of a bull dog or a mastiff! She's been running a fever, and crying all morning long. It breaks my heart when my kids boo-boos can't be fixed with just a lil kiss! I'm really hoping this passes quickly. I want my smiling sweetheart back! Farryn has done a great job of staying out of trouble. I'm actually starting to worry...could this be the calm before the storm? I'll keep you posted...but keep your fingers crossed she's just being an angel for once and not my lil red headed devil waiting to make her move!!!

Speaking of biting...I FINALLY saw Twilight the other day and surprisingly I completely understand why every teenage girl and their mom (no joke, even my mom's friends are obsessed!) are so intrigued!! I'm completely hooked! Its "like my own personal brand of heroine!" ;) I sent out my husband immediately to buy the second book New Moon. I began reading it later that night and just couldn't stop! I stayed up till 5 in the morning just dying to know what happens. And I will admit, I cheated...I got so droopy eyed but so determined to know how it ended I snuck a look at the last page! But after a few cat naps I picked up where I left off and finished the whole thing in less than 2 days! Stephanie Meyer is absolutely amazing! I can't get over how someone can have such an imagination. I envy her for that! And the characters they chose for that movie could not have been a better fit for the characters she described in the book. They were just right on! I bought the third and fourth book today but I'm waiting on our 14 hour drive to Kansas City before I crack it open. Too much to do before we leave on Thursday to be sucked back in. My hubby was getting pretty tired of having to do all the laundry, cooking, cleaning and child rearing while my fingers and eyes were glued to that last book. He didn't complain...too much! He thinks its cute when I'm excited about something and I'm pretty sure he was happy that for once I was READING! It rarely happens unless its "BARBIE'S Great Adventures" or "Brown Bear Brown Bear" (which by the way I'm completely sick of!) Maybe this will give me a good excuse to get out doing some of the driving.... ;) I won't push my luck!

We're going to Kansas City to see my brother-in-law Jeremy and his adorably pregnant wife Kimberlee this weekend. I'm very excited! I love Kim, she's the best sister-in-law anyone could ask for! If only she lived closer!!! But we're working on that! Jesse and I would love for her and the baby to come live with us while Jeremy is deployed to Iraq (again!!!). Is that not sad? He will be gone for the second time with the Army and for the first year of his baby girl's life! I just don't see how that's fair! I can't even imagine what they must be feeling right now! So sad! We're gonna make the most of our little trip with them though and spend as much time as we can before he leaves. I get my Kim back though on May 30th for her baby shower at my house so maybe I'll just lock her in our spare room with all the baby gifts and refuse to let her leave. :) Doubt she would go for that but its worth a shot!
So thats all I've got happenin'. Thanks for stalking and take care! ;)

0 comments: